New Jersey State Surcharge is restricted to the state and its constructions. Though confusing for many, one must know what goes into the calculations of Njsurcharge. Whenever there are some serious violations with regards to traffic laws, which can include irrational driving, driving under influence, driving with an expired license, driving beyond the speed limit, and so on, there are points that are added to your driving record.
The New Jersey Surcharge Violation System puts all these records into their account and the points are then counted. Then there’s a review of your driving records and an extra fine is charged accordingly. These are really hefty fines and are additional fines on top of the fines that have already been imposed. Here are some of the reasons as to how the fines are calculated:
- For points that range for 6 or more within a span of 3 years from the last violation the calculations are as stated below: The total surcharge that you need to pay stands at $150. But it’s not all. There’s also an additional sum of $25 for each point you garner above the set 6 points.
- If you don’t have access to a license or if your license has been cancelled or has expired, you need to pay a surcharge of $100 every year for a period of three years. So, in total, you are eligible for paying a total of $300.
- If you are caught even after your license has been suspended then, you will have to pay a surcharge of $250 every year for a period of 3 years. So in total, the amount you need to pay stands at a total of $750.
Different ways of paying Njsurcharge.
There is an availability of a wide variety of ways through which the Njsurcharge Payment can be made. These include the likes of the following:
- For online payment options, you can always use your credit card or debit card to pay once you’re in their online portal. You can also opt for an e-check.
- Also unknown to many, you can also refer to pay via a telephone or credit card. The payment is through the Western Union office in New Jersey or anywhere which must be placed inside the country. There’s a toll-free number that you can pay through. (844) 424-6829.
- You can send a money order or even a check directly to the address mentioned below: NJSVS, P.O. Box 1502, Moorestown, NJ 08057-9704.
- Knowing the specific timing as to when you can pay the certain fines is also very essential, once you’re out to pay the fine. But not with Njsurcharge. The online portal for Njsurcharge stays operational 24*7 and you can pay easily online via a credit or debit card. However there may be certain complications at times for which you may need to seek professional help and in that case, you can always contact their customer service.
- The customer service unlike the payment sector isn’t operational round the clock. You can clarify any doubts regarding the surcharge by calling them at (844) 424-6829 between 8 AM and 5 PM from Monday to Friday. This is to be kept in mind that customer service is not operational during the weekends.